A couple thing to consider when buying a package of Bees.
- Is it a 3# package or a #3 package. This looks the same but it is not. A 3# package will have 3 pounds of bees. A #3 is just a designation and has no guarantee of any bees.
- How close is your package provider? Do you want to drive 3 hours each way to get your package? If you have a dead queen do you want to drive 3 hours each way again for a replacement queen? Your Time is worth at least $10/hr and the IRS says your mileage is worth $.55/mile.
- Can you get a replacement queen if needed?
- Will your package provider return a call and answer any questions about the your package or installation.
- Do they have any references?
- After all the above $$ really are the last thing to consider.
Contact me with any questions.